- May 18, 2012
- 8:30 am - 9:00 amRegistration and Coffee
- 9:00 am - 9:05 amProfessor Nick Petford "Welcome Address"
- 9:05 am - 9:10 amAndrea Leadsom introduces Rt.Hon. Iain Duncan Smith MP
- 9:10 am - 9:45 am Rt.Hon. Iain Duncan Smith MP
- 9:45 am - 10:30 amBaroness Susan Greenfield - "The Science, Neuroscience and Epigenetics"
- 10:30 am - 11:00 amMorning coffee and networking
- 11:00 am - 11:45 am Dr Michael Gailbraith – "Early Years Interventions...Why Bother"
- 11:45 am - 12:30 pmPanel Q & A Chaired by Andrea Leadsom MP
- 12:30 pm - 1:45 pmBuffet lunch, coffee and networking (sponsored by Danone Baby Nutrition)
- 1:45 pm - 2:30 pmDr. Amanda Jones –
- 2:30 pm - 3:15 pmCamila Batmanghelidjh –
- 3:30 pm - 4:15 pmAndrea Leadsom MP – "PIPs, The Way Forward?"
- 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm Panel Q & A Chaired by George Hosking
- May 18, 2012
Camila Batmanghelidjh's details
- Camila Batmanghelidjh's presentations
Camila Batmanghelidjh is a psychotherapist and founder and director of Kids Company, a charity based in south London devoted to ‘lone’ children. These are children and young people who experience significant psychosocial difficulties because their parent is unable to function as a caring adult. The lack of a functioning adult has a negative impact on their ability to access education, health, housing and meaningful employment. The children often suffer from abuse, mental health problems, substance misuse and homelessness.
Kids Company aims to restore their trust and provide an environment in which they can begin the healing process, using a carefully designed support system that includes psychotherapy, counselling, education, arts, sports, hot meals and various other practical interventions.
Kids Company currently delivers services to 11,925 clients through – 33 inner-city schools in London, – a drop-in centre at street-level in Camberwell and – a new, post-fourteen educational institute, the Urban Academy in Southwark.